I grew up on curry, but I’ve never actually made it at home. I always left the cooking of it to others – family, restaurants, etc. So when Seeds of Change asked me to try their organic simmer sauces, I chose their Korma simmer sauce.
Korma is a coconut based creamy curry sauce, so it’s more sweet and savory than spicy hot. Perfect for my roommate, who is not as much a fan of spicy foods, as I am. Trying new food is better when we both can eat it.
This sauce made cooking chicken curry so easy. We sauteed about a pound of chicken breast, cubed up, in a frying pan with some olive oil. Once that was done, we added the jar of Korma simmer sauce, and let it simmer for 10 minutes. In the meantime, we whipped up some jasmine rice to use as a base for the curry.
In about 20 minutes, we had chicken curry over rice, ready to eat. But how was the taste?
The sauce, being coconut based, was sweet, but not overly so. It also had a really nice blend of spices (garlic, ginger, tumeric, coriander, cumin, cardamon, and cinnamon, among others) that gave it a savory taste, as well. There is cilantro in the mix, so if you don’t like cilantro, you may not like this. But we ate it up.
The ingredients are organic, and recognizable. No HFCS is used – only evaporated cane sugar. It’s also certified Kosher and Lacto-Vegetarian on the label.
My only complaint is the sauce didn’t reheat as well the next day.
We picked up our jar of Korma simmer sauce at Fresh Market for $4.99 (your store price may vary), and I think that’s a good value for a product like this. We paired it with a pound of Fresh Market’s antibiotic free chicken breast on sale for $2.99/pound, and some jasmine rice we already had on hand, so our meal for two came in at about $8. Far less than a restaurant meal, and the quality of the sauce was really good. Plus having all the ingredients in a jar vs having to buy all the ingredients separately made it easier to cook the dish. I’d buy this simmer sauce again, and add some veggies. Or maybe I’ll try one of the spicier varieties next time.
If you want to try it, you can get a $1.50 coupon for your next shopping trip at h5.sml360.com/-/o8ap.
For more information on Seeds of Change product line, which also includes rice & grain blends, visit seedsofchangefoods.com.
Disclaimer: As a member of Smiley 360, I received this product free to try. As always, my thoughts are my own.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: Indian food, organic food, Seeds of Change, simmer sauces
I love curry and like you I always leave it to the experts in the restaurants to prepare it. Thanks for sharing your review. This sauce sounds like something I would like to try with chicken and shrimp. It would make for a quick dinner to spice up the routine. Plus I love to travel through food and with this dish I can dream of travel to India and Asia. Cheers!
Christina Thomas wrote this post…Top 9 Ways for Foodies to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Orlando
I LOVE Indian sauces and curries of all kinds, and I’m always buying a new one at the store to try it out. Thanks for sharing about this one!
Katie @ Recipe for Perfection wrote this post…White Chocolate Strawberry Brownies Recipe | Perfect for Valentine’s Day!