Parks are some of the best places to build fun family memories, and on May 16, you can make some more on National Park Trust’s Kids to Parks Day 2015.
The National Parks Trust is dedicated to perserving local, state, and national parks, and it wants 500,000 people to sign the pledge to take their kids out to a park on Saturday, May 16. To sign up, visit kidstoparks.org.
Families are spending more time indoors nowadays, and it’s important to reconnect with the outdoors and enjoy the benefits of playing and exploring parks. Active kids are healthy kids. Last year, there were more than 447,000 participants in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., so this is a very reachable goal.
As a bonus, when you sign the pledge, you also get a chance to win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera.
Kids to Parks Day has been endorsed by America’s State Parks, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Hiking Society, Boy Scouts of America, Children & Nature Network, Children’s National Medical Center, Department of Interior’s Youth in the Great Outdoors, National Education Association, National Environmental Education Foundation, National Geographic Kids, National Parks Hospitality Association, National Recreation and Parks Association, National Wildlife Federation, Ready Set Wear It!, US Play Coalition, US Army Corps of Engineers, First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let Move Outside! Initiative, half the nation’s governors, and many more.
Whew! That’s a lot of endorsements.
So sign up, then find an organized event in your area. If there isn’t one, that’s ok. Just visit any local park. There are plenty of great parks here in Orlando, as well as across the state of Florida. I’m sure there’s a great park near you. The idea is just to get you and your family to enjoy a park. You can visit parktrust.org/youthprograms/buddy-bison/resources for some fun ideas.
Now that you know all about Kids to Parks Day, National Parks Trust is sponsoring a fun giveaway for my readers, in partnership with CitySurfing Orlando! One lucky reader will win a great prize pack that includes a “Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide.
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this contest. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, May 15, 2015.
Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration. Contestants must reside in the U.S. Good luck and happy entering!
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018