The city of Sydney, Australia, comes alive in the evening with the start of Vivid Sydney this weekend.
The event, which runs from May 22 to June 8 this year, is the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas. During these 18 nights, Sydney’s iconic landmarks, its harbor and urban spaces were transformed by 3D projections and over 60 light installations including the sails of the World Heritage Sydney Opera House.
Vivid Light stretches across The Rocks, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Walsh Bay, Martin Place in the Central Business District, The Star & Pyrmont as well as new areas for Vivid in 2015 — Central Park in Chippendale, awarded the world’s best tall building, and Chatswood to the city’s north.
Lighting artists from around the world were invited to submit their creative ideas, with 140 chosen from 16 countries to create their unique works during Vivid Sydney.
The Vivid Music program of cutting edge music including Vivid LIVE at Sydney Opera House showcases unique performances and collaborations, presenting over 90 performances in venues across the city including Grace Jones, Sufjan Stevens, Daniel Johns and legendary Australian band The Hoodoo Gurus.
Vivid Ideas brings audiences some of the most intelligent and creative minds, who will be together for talks, seminars, conferences, workshops and forums on a grand scale. With 150 sessions and over 400 speakers, the Vivid Ideas program boasts highlights including Multi-Emmy winning writer Matthew Weiner — series creator and exec producer of Mad Men and former executive producer of The Sopranos, and Tyler Brule, founder of Wallpaper and Monocle magazines and one of the most influential global figures in publishing and branding. Weiner and Brule will share their insights following their worldwide success in the creative industry.
“For 18 days and nights visitors will experience Sydney like never before as the city bursts with creativity and sheer, brilliant light. It’s truly an unmissable event, and one which we are very proud of,” said NSW Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events, Stuart Ayres.
It’s a lovely way to showcase the city! Will definitely have to put it on my calendar for a future trip.
For the full Vivid Sydney program, visit vividsydney.com.
[Images courtesy of Destination NSW]
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021