Hard to believe, but it was 30 years ago that Bryan Adams had broke big with the release of his album, Reckless, and he is currently touring to celebrate that anniversary with a slew of dates in the U.S.
I’m a child of the 80s, and I remember seeing the video for Bryan Adams’ “Cuts Like a Knife” on MTV and telling all my friends about this new artist I’d discovered. But it was the following year that Canadian-born Adams broke big in the U.S. with his fourth album, Reckless.
It was released on his 25th birthday on November 5, 1984, and was one of the best presents of his career. It was preceded by the single “Run to You,” which reached the Top Ten. It was followed by no less than five Top 20 singles drawn from the album: “Somebody,” “Heaven” (which gave Adams his first U.S. #1 single, and was a huge prom song), “Summer of ’69” (Top Ten), “One Night Love Affair,” and a duet with Tina Turner, “It’s Only Love.”
In the three decades since, Adams has been writing, recording, and touring, as well as receiving accolades as a photographer (he has multiple photography books), and a passionate philanthropist through his own Bryan Adams Foundation.
But it felt time to acknowledge the biggest album of his career. First Universal Music Enterprises issued a four-disc remastered and expanded edition of the Reckless album. They added demos, an audio of a 1985 live concert at London’s Hammersmith Odeon, and so much more.
Then Adams went on tour. The 30th Anniversary of Reckless Tour played to huge crowds all over Europe, and now Adams is bringing it to the U.S. for a run of dates that started in April, and will go through the summer.
I’m told the set list includes the entire Reckless album, along with other hits culled from his long career. As a long-time fan of his music, I can’t wait to hear his music live again!
I’m planning on catching Bryan Adams live at his St. Augustine show, but here are the dates I have for the rest of the U.S. leg of this tour, so you can find one near you:
- Jun 19, 2015 – Bethel Woods Center for the Arts/Bethel, New York
- Jun 22 & 23, 2015 – Beacon Theatre/New York, New York
- Jun 25, 2015 – Carl Black Chevy Woods Amphitheater/Whites Creek (Nashville), Tennessee
- Jun 27, 2015 – Family Circle Stadium/Charleston, South Carolina
- Jun 28, 2015 – St. Augustine Amphitheatre/St. Augustine, Florida
- Jul 23, 2015 – DTE Energy Music Theatre/Clarkston (Detroit), Michigan
- Jul 24, 2015 – Van Andel Arena/Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Jul 25, 2015 – FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island/Chicago, Illinois
- Jul 29, 2015 – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion/Boston, Massachusetts
- Jul 30, 2015 – PNC Bank Arts Center/Holmdel, New Jersey
- Jul 31, 2015 – Constellation Brands Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center/Canandaigua, New York
- Aug 1, 2015 – Mohegan Sun Arena/Uncasville, Connecticut
Don’t see one near you? It’s possible dates may be added in July or even in August, so visit bryanadams.com to keep up with the latest dates.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is a video promo for the 30th Anniversary of Reckless deluxe version, which has been released via UMC/Polydor this past November, and features exclusive expanded bonus material:
Oh, heck, have another video…this one is for “It’s Only Love”…I so wanted to be Tina Turner in this video:
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021