In less than 300 pages, Aliza Licht, a global fashion PR executive and twitter phenom, offers a great primer for starting or honing your career in her book, “Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media.“
Thankfully her tips and advice are more concise than her wordy title, and they are interwoven with personal anecdotes about her career path in the fashion industry. She even got designer Donna Karan to pen the foreword of the book.
Licht is better known on Twitter as the person behind the uber-popular @DKNY PR GIRL, and she talks candidly about her rise in the the fashion industry from know-nothing intern to where she is today.
She dishes on the good and bad, with names changed to protect, well, everyone but her. And through it all, she weaves in nuggets of knowledge and ephipanies she’s learned on the climb up the career ladder.
A lot of this book is geared towards those starting out in the professional world, but there are some good pieces of information that are applicable no matter where in your career path you are.
Of particular use to those already working their way up are chapters on branding yourself, social media do’s and don’ts, dealing with mistakes, and how to forge your own path.
I also like that the chapters end with a summary of bullet points or sometimes questions to ask yourself to see if you’re on the right track.
Packed with lots of useful information mixed with juicy fashion world anecdotes, “Leave Your Mark” by Aliza Licht is a must-read for the up-and-coming professional, and a should-read for the rest of the work force.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review purposes via NetGalley. As always, my opinions are my own. There are also affiliate links used in this review which help pay for this site at no additional cost to you.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021