If you can’t wait to see what Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will be released, then you’ll want to clear some time out of your schedule today for the world’s first-ever global live toy unboxing event.
Unfolding over 18 hours in 15 cities and 12 countries, the event will see highlights from the range of epic merchandise revealed in a rolling New Year’s Eve style celebration featuring top digital stars from the Maker Studios network.
The Star Wars YouTube channel will host the live stream, which kicks off with the first unboxing in Sydney, Australia at 7:45am local time on Thursday, Sept. 3 (5:45pm EDT on Wednesday, Sept. 2), with the grand finale at Lucasfilm in San Francisco at 8am PDT local time (11am EDT) on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Each of the 15 locations will reveal a new product inspired by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
“Over the course of 18 hours, some of Maker Studios’ biggest stars will each be unboxing a new toy from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens product line in a different city around the world and sharing the experience live on YouTube.” said Leslie Ferraro, President, Disney Consumer Products. “We’ve seen tremendous excitement for these new products and can’t wait to see the global reaction from the Star Wars fan community.”
The global unboxing event will incorporate traditional toy unboxers such as the popular EvanTubeHD, channels featuring families such as Bratayley, lifehack specialists such as ExpCaseros, gamers such as AlexBy11 and Star Wars fans from around the world, including Chris Pirillo, bringing with them a broad audience and appeal.
Here is the schedule of unboxings (first column is eastern time zone):
EDT Local Time on 9/3 City
545pm 7:45am Sydney
10pm 11am Tokyo
11pm Midnight Seoul
Midnight Midnight Hong Kong
3am 9am Paris
5am 11am Madrid
6am Noon Berlin
6:30am 11:30am London
7:30am 7:30pm Rio de Janeiro
8:30am 8:30pm New York City
9am 9am Toronto
9:30am 8:30am Chicago
10:30am 9:30am Mexico City
11am 8am San Francisco
The global celebration culminates at midnight local time on Thursday evening, when many retailers around the world will open their doors to fans to purchase Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys, collectibles, books, apparel and more. Visit starwars.com for more details on participating locations. Additionally, select Disney Store locations around the world will take part. More details are available at DisneyStore.com/ForceFriday.
To tune into the unboxings, visit youtube.com/user/starwars. Fans are encouraged to document their experiences around the event on social media using the hashtag #ForceFriday.
And to get you in the mood, here’s some new Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage revealed on the Star Wars Instagram earlier this week:
Along with a look back at merchandise from the original movie in 1977:
[All images courtesy CNW Group/Disney Consumer Products; photo of Anthony and Andi photo credit: Kevin Lynch for Disney Consumer Products]
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021