I grew up in Wisconsin, so there’s nothing I love more than a good cheese (or two… or three…), so when the Sunday Supper family of bloggers invited me to join them at a Cabot Cheese event, I had to say yes.
The #CookingWithCabot event took place at East End Market in Orlando, upstairs in their APEX room. East End is a collective of several local independently-owned food-orientated businesses, and area foodies make it a regular stop.
We started the event with breakfast featuring Cabot Cheese and a Cabot Greek yogurt parfait bar, along with Olde Hearth Bread Company muffins, Lineage Coffee Roasting coffee, and Divine Chocolate.
Nice start to the day, eh?
Next we headed into the kitchen to watch chef Jimmy Kennedy whip up some dishes using Cabot products. A Sweet Potato Cornbread put a twist on the skillet favorite, using Cabot Greek yogurt and mashed chunks of sweet potato to elevate the dish.
For the next dish, Chef Jimmy, as we called him, filmed a Facebook Live segment, demonstrating how to make Alpine Mac-n-Cheese using grated Cabot Alpine Cheddar. You can watch the finished cooking segment here:
The final dish he made was a crowd favorite: tacos using crisp cheddar shells made with Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar. I threw some bacon and cabbage slaw in mine, and it was a perfect combo.
We took our lunch break in the middle of East End’s patio, and our meal was a sampler of some of the East End Market vendors. We had grilled Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese and prosciutto sandwich by La Femme du Fromage, with a salad featuring crumbled Cabot Alpine cheddar. It was accompanied by a cup of Houndstooth Sauce Company‘s tomato basil soup, lavender lemonade and ice tea from Skybird, and a milk and cookies finale featuring Gideon’s Bakehouse Pistachio Toffee Dark Chocolate cookies.
So much deliciousness in one building!
The final part of the #CookingWithCabot event saw us separating into five teams. We were each given a team name, and ingredients to create a cheese board that fit that name.
Our team was “Farm Love”, and I was blessed to have as my teammates retro-rad chef Emily Ellyn, and bloggers Annie from Annie A to Z, and Wanda from My Sweet Zepol. Even though we didn’t win, I loved that our board was truly a team effort, and it looked both creative and super tasty. I may be biased, but check out the photos below and let me know what you think.
It was a great day filled with yummy food, blogger bonding, and even a session of relaxation techniques and drum core exercise to keep us healthy. We were also gifted a Cabot swag bag featuring a lot of useful items that I’m using in my kitchen.
Thanks to Cabot Cheese, Florida Dairy, and the East End Market businesses for contributing to make this a wonderful event, and again, thanks to the Sunday Supper family for including me!
Disclaimer: I was hosted at this media event, but I was not monetarily compensated for this post. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Movie Review: The Lovebirds (2020) Deftly Combines Laughter and Adventure into this Smart Rom-Com .. #TheLovebirds #Netflix @IssaRae @Kumailn - May 29, 2020
- Everything Coming to Hulu in June 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Hulu #Streaming #LoveVictor #PadmaLakshmi #CrossingSwords - May 27, 2020
- Everything Coming to HBO Max in June 2020 + Deal Alert .. #HBOMax #Streaming #PerryMason #AdventureTime #Deals - May 25, 2020
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Streaming #Da5Bloods #13ReasonsWhy #QueerEye - May 22, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: The Zombie Club (2019) .. #MovieReviews #TheZombieClub #DeanCain - May 20, 2020
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in June 2020 .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #ArtemisFowl #Frozen2 #TheMandalorian - May 18, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Night Janitor by T. F. Allen .. #TheNightJanitor #NetGalley #BookReview - May 15, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Cats (2018) .. #MovieReviews #Cats #CatsandPeachtopia - May 14, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Small Spaces by Katherine Arden .. #SmallSpaces #NetGalley #BookReview - May 8, 2020
- Celebrate Star Wars Day 2020 on May the 4th With Movie Marathons, TV Shows, Merchandise, and More .. #StarWars #StarWarsDay #Maythe4th - May 3, 2020