I fell in love with The Smurfs as a child in the 80s, and I still have a fondness for the tiny blue characters. So I’m super excited for the upcoming new movie, Smurfs: The Lost Village, due in theaters in the U.S. on April 7, 2017.
So excited, I’ve created a super simple, fun, and tasty Smurf Float recipe to celebrate before and/or after your family sees the film.
And if that’s not enough, I’m offering a chance to win a Smurftastic prize pack including a t-shirt and more.
Read on for the recipe and details on how to enter the giveaway…
In Smurfs: The Lost Village, a mysterious map leads Smurfette (Demi Lovato) and her friends to a lost Smurf village, which they hope to find before the evil Gargamel (Rainn Wilson) does.
With a cast that also includes Joe Manganiello, Jack McBrayer, Danny Pudi, Mandy Patinkin, Julia Roberts, Michelle Rodriguez, Ellie Kemper, Ariel Winter, Meghan Trainor, and Gordon Ramsay, this film should hit all the right notes for both kids and adults.
For more information, including release dates outside of the U.S., visit smurfsmovie.com.
SMURF FLOAT RECIPE
To celebrate, whip up a batch of my Smurf Floats. These are so easy, your kids can put these together (with supervision, of course). They contain only 3 main ingredients, and the end result is a lovely shade of blue with a white top, just like the Smurfs themselves.
- 1 bottle of Fanta Berry soda
- Vanilla Ice cream (or any other white-colored ice cream)
- Whipped topping in a can
- Blueberries (for garnish)
- Fill a clear glass 3/4 full with the soda.
- Drop in one scoop of ice cream.
- Top with a spray of whipped cream
- Garnish with a couple of blueberries (optional).
If you can't find Fanta Berry in stores, Berry Blue Kool-aid will work as well. Make it float-worthy by substituting sparkling water for still when mixing it up.
SMURFTASTIC PRIZE PACK GIVEAWAY
The fine Smurfs at Sony Pictures have put together a prize pack for you to win! Included in it are the following:
- Smurfs: The Lost Village movie t-shirt
- Smurfs: The Lost Village planter kit
- Smurfs: The Lost Village tattoos
- Smurfs: The Lost Village activity pages
- Smurfs: The Lost Village bookmark
One winner will be chosen at random via the giveaway form below to win. Retail value of prize is $20. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (my apologies to my global readers) who are 18 years or older. Winner will be contacted by email and their prize will be sent to them via Sony Pictures. Winner must be willing to supply a mailing address for prize shipment.
Deadline to enter is April 8, 2017 at 11:59pm ET. Good luck and happy entering!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Review Wire Media for Sony Pictures. I received information to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation, and a prize pack for giveaway.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018