In the U.S. Virgin Islands, March 31 is the 100th anniversary celebration of “Transfer Day,” which is when Denmark sold the islands to the United States for $25 million.
Normally the three islands – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas – mark the annual holiday with parades. But since 2017 marks the Centennial, the USVI have decided to also offer a $300 bonus to guests who visit at least one of the islands during the calendar year.
This $300 bonus comes in the form of a voucher to be used towards “Historical/Cultural Tours and Activities” that can be redeemed at your hotel. There is a huge list of places to use the voucher among the three islands that include museums, diving, sailing, tours, and more.
As an added bonus, since the islands are a U.S. territory, passports are not needed. But pack mosquito repellant as the CDC has issued Zika advisories for the U.S.V.I.
Travel must be booked by October 31, 2017, and all travel must be completed by December 31, 2017. Guests must also stay more than three consecutive nights at a participating hotel.
For more information, or to book your stay, via the official website visitusvi.com.
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Debuts New Future Rock Star Suites - March 15, 2018
- Movie Review: A Wrinkle In Time Is a Faithful Disney-fied Version of Story - March 10, 2018
- Barbie Honors Awesome Global Role Models On International Women’s Day #MoreRoleModels @mattel - March 8, 2018
- Disney Cruise Line Adds New Destinations for Summer 2019 #DCL - March 5, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for March 2018 - February 28, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime March 2018 - February 27, 2018
- All the #Netflix March 2018 Additions and Departures - February 26, 2018
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018