“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” doesn’t land in theaters until December, but fans can get a sneak peek at the cast in costume on four different Vanity Fair magazine covers hitting newsstands on June 6.
Photographed by the renowned Annie Leibovitz, the cast including Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Adam Driver, and Kelly Marie Tran appear in groupings across the covers.
Except for our dear departed Princess/General Leia, Carrie Fisher, who stands regal in a solitary cover:
Another cover features her brother Luke (Hamill) standing on a cliff on the planet Ahch-To with Rey (Ridley).
A third cover celebrates the rebels, showing Isaac as Poe Dameron, Boyega as Finn, and newcomer Tran as Rose Tico (a Resistance maintenance worker), with droid BB-8 in the lower corner.
The final cover features First Order leaders Christie as Captain Phasma, Driver as Kylo Ren, and Gleeson as General Hux.
This special issue of Vanity Fair also celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. Plus it has exclusive interviews with “The Last Jedi” cast and director Rian Johnson about what happens in the next installment.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy also discusses the expanded role General Leia was meant to play in the trilogy’s final installment, prior to Fisher’s death.
If you can’t find these covers in the store, you can shop them online at Vanity Fair.com, where you’ll also find a commemorative poster for new subscribers.
I so want the Carrie Fisher one. Leia was one of my idols as a kid, and I still can’t believe Fisher is gone. How about you? What do you think of the covers?
- Book Review: Dark Screams Volume Ten feat. Various Authors - May 8, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for May 2018 - May 3, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime May 2018 - May 2, 2018
- All the #Netflix May 2018 Additions and Departures - May 1, 2018
- Orlando is Tops for Superhero Experiences During Summer of 2018 #NationalSuperheroDay #VisitOrlando - April 28, 2018
- My Life with MS: Starting Ocrevus #multiplesclerosis - April 20, 2018
- Book Review: From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - April 17, 2018
- Travelzoo Hosts 16-Hour ‘Suite 16’ Event Sale April 16, 2018 - April 15, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for April 2018 - March 31, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime April 2018 - March 30, 2018
Tagged: "Star Wars", Adam Driver, Annie Leibovitz, Carrie Fisher, collector covers, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, John Boyega, Kelly Marie Tran, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, The Last Jedi, Vanity Fair