Earlier this year, it was revealed at New York Comic Con that there would be a crossover character that will appear in both The Walking Dead and its companion show, Fear the Walking Dead.
There was lots of speculation how that would happen to begin with, since TWD is currently in its 8th season, while Fear the Walking Dead just wrapped its 3rd season and is set earlier in the spread of the walker virus.
Tonight on The Talking Dead, host Chris Hardwick finally revealed who the character will be that will cross over between The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead series.
That character will be Morgan Jones, played by fan favorite Lennie James.
— Talking Dead (@AMCTalkingDead) November 27, 2017
Morgan will appear in the upcoming 4th season of Fear the Walking Dead. No word on how his character ends up in that show’s timeline, however the actor confirmed he starts shooting near Austin, Texas tomorrow. The 4th season is also set in Texas.
But Hardwick also read a note from TWD/FTWD‘s executive producer/showrunner Scott M. Gimple which stated that while Morgan will appear in FTWD‘s upcoming season, there is still plenty of story for the character on TWD.
No date is set for the start of Fear the Walking Dead‘s 4th season, but it usually premieres in the spring, so I’d say sometime between April and June 2018.
What do you think of this reveal? I think it works because we don’t know much about the character prior to his season 1 appearance in The Walking Dead, in between that and his brief season 3 appearance, nor what he did in all that time before he reappeared in season 5. That’s a lot of empty time during which he could’ve traveled to Texas from Atlanta or vice versa.
Tell me your thoughts and theories in the comments!
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for February 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime February 2018 - February 1, 2018
- All the #Netflix February 2018 Additions and Departures - January 31, 2018
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018