Earlier this year, it was revealed at New York Comic Con that there would be a crossover character that will appear in both The Walking Dead and its companion show, Fear the Walking Dead.
There was lots of speculation how that would happen to begin with, since TWD is currently in its 8th season, while Fear the Walking Dead just wrapped its 3rd season and is set earlier in the spread of the walker virus.
Tonight on The Talking Dead, host Chris Hardwick finally revealed who the character will be that will cross over between The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead series.
That character will be Morgan Jones, played by fan favorite Lennie James.
— Talking Dead (@AMCTalkingDead) November 27, 2017
Morgan will appear in the upcoming 4th season of Fear the Walking Dead. No word on how his character ends up in that show’s timeline, however the actor confirmed he starts shooting near Austin, Texas tomorrow. The 4th season is also set in Texas.
But Hardwick also read a note from TWD/FTWD‘s executive producer/showrunner Scott M. Gimple which stated that while Morgan will appear in FTWD‘s upcoming season, there is still plenty of story for the character on TWD.
No date is set for the start of Fear the Walking Dead‘s 4th season, but it usually premieres in the spring, so I’d say sometime between April and June 2018.
What do you think of this reveal? I think it works because we don’t know much about the character prior to his season 1 appearance in The Walking Dead, in between that and his brief season 3 appearance, nor what he did in all that time before he reappeared in season 5. That’s a lot of empty time during which he could’ve traveled to Texas from Atlanta or vice versa.
Tell me your thoughts and theories in the comments!
- Amazon Reveals Back-To-School and Off-To-College Deals for Prime Day #amazonprimeday - July 15, 2018
- What You Need to Know to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2018 #amazonprimeday - July 14, 2018
- Book Review: The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco - July 10, 2018
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Wasp is Light-Hearted Action-Packed Romp - July 5, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Florida’s Historic Coast Offers a Summer of Free Events - June 22, 2018
- Movie Review: Incredibles 2 is Superhero-Sized Family Fun - June 15, 2018
- Amtrak to Refresh Acela Express Fleet Interiors - May 15, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams Volume Ten feat. Various Authors - May 8, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for May 2018 - May 3, 2018