Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of Ghost Rock in Utah, taken in August 2007.
That year, my best friend and undertook a massive road trip – 18 states in 13 days. Somewhere around day 4 (or was it 5?) we crossed the Colorado border into Utah on I-70.
About 2 hours into our drive, we pulled over into a scenic parking area. The information signs said it was Ghost Rock Summit, which also overlooked the Little Grand Canyon of the San Rafael River.
Legend has it a cowboy on a foggy morning saw the top of the pinnacle protruding from a bed of fog, thought it appeared ghostly, and dubbed it “Ghost Rock.”
I remember taking about 20-25 photos from this stop, and the photo above is the one I liked best. We were so tired from driving, but seeing this beautiful blast of nature reminded us why we were doing this trip.
- Amazon Reveals Back-To-School and Off-To-College Deals for Prime Day #amazonprimeday - July 15, 2018
- What You Need to Know to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2018 #amazonprimeday - July 14, 2018
- Book Review: The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco - July 10, 2018
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Wasp is Light-Hearted Action-Packed Romp - July 5, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Florida’s Historic Coast Offers a Summer of Free Events - June 22, 2018
- Movie Review: Incredibles 2 is Superhero-Sized Family Fun - June 15, 2018
- Amtrak to Refresh Acela Express Fleet Interiors - May 15, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams Volume Ten feat. Various Authors - May 8, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for May 2018 - May 3, 2018