Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of Ghost Rock in Utah, taken in August 2007.
That year, my best friend and undertook a massive road trip – 18 states in 13 days. Somewhere around day 4 (or was it 5?) we crossed the Colorado border into Utah on I-70.
About 2 hours into our drive, we pulled over into a scenic parking area. The information signs said it was Ghost Rock Summit, which also overlooked the Little Grand Canyon of the San Rafael River.
Legend has it a cowboy on a foggy morning saw the top of the pinnacle protruding from a bed of fog, thought it appeared ghostly, and dubbed it “Ghost Rock.”
I remember taking about 20-25 photos from this stop, and the photo above is the one I liked best. We were so tired from driving, but seeing this beautiful blast of nature reminded us why we were doing this trip.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018