Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of Ghost Rock in Utah, taken in August 2007.
That year, my best friend and undertook a massive road trip – 18 states in 13 days. Somewhere around day 4 (or was it 5?) we crossed the Colorado border into Utah on I-70.
About 2 hours into our drive, we pulled over into a scenic parking area. The information signs said it was Ghost Rock Summit, which also overlooked the Little Grand Canyon of the San Rafael River.
Legend has it a cowboy on a foggy morning saw the top of the pinnacle protruding from a bed of fog, thought it appeared ghostly, and dubbed it “Ghost Rock.”
I remember taking about 20-25 photos from this stop, and the photo above is the one I liked best. We were so tired from driving, but seeing this beautiful blast of nature reminded us why we were doing this trip.
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for February 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime February 2018 - February 1, 2018
- All the #Netflix February 2018 Additions and Departures - January 31, 2018
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018