Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of a rusted VW van surrounded by potted flowers I saw when driving through Metone, Alabama.
Earlier this year (May 2017), I drove with a fellow blogger from Orlando to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the travel writer conference TBEX.
Her GPS decided to route us via the scenic route up past Atlanta and into the mountains. As we rounded a corner on the outskirts of a small town called Metone, just across the border in Alabama, we spotted this rusted classic VW van parked as a backdrop for some potted flowers.
We turned around and went back to take photos of this whimsical display, and check out the store/excavator business it fronted.
This is one reason I enjoy getting off the interstates – you get to see unusual visuals such as this, and it ends up being so much more memorable.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: Alabama, travel, travel photos, travel thursday, VW van