Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of a rusted VW van surrounded by potted flowers I saw when driving through Metone, Alabama.
Earlier this year (May 2017), I drove with a fellow blogger from Orlando to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the travel writer conference TBEX.
Her GPS decided to route us via the scenic route up past Atlanta and into the mountains. As we rounded a corner on the outskirts of a small town called Metone, just across the border in Alabama, we spotted this rusted classic VW van parked as a backdrop for some potted flowers.
We turned around and went back to take photos of this whimsical display, and check out the store/excavator business it fronted.
This is one reason I enjoy getting off the interstates – you get to see unusual visuals such as this, and it ends up being so much more memorable.
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Debuts New Future Rock Star Suites - March 15, 2018
- Movie Review: A Wrinkle In Time Is a Faithful Disney-fied Version of Story - March 10, 2018
- Barbie Honors Awesome Global Role Models On International Women’s Day #MoreRoleModels @mattel - March 8, 2018
- Disney Cruise Line Adds New Destinations for Summer 2019 #DCL - March 5, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for March 2018 - February 28, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime March 2018 - February 27, 2018
- All the #Netflix March 2018 Additions and Departures - February 26, 2018
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018