Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of a rusted VW van surrounded by potted flowers I saw when driving through Metone, Alabama.
Earlier this year (May 2017), I drove with a fellow blogger from Orlando to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the travel writer conference TBEX.
Her GPS decided to route us via the scenic route up past Atlanta and into the mountains. As we rounded a corner on the outskirts of a small town called Metone, just across the border in Alabama, we spotted this rusted classic VW van parked as a backdrop for some potted flowers.
We turned around and went back to take photos of this whimsical display, and check out the store/excavator business it fronted.
This is one reason I enjoy getting off the interstates – you get to see unusual visuals such as this, and it ends up being so much more memorable.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018