In 2008, following the death of my gramma, I took a solo trip from Wisconsin, where I’d lived with her, back home to Florida, and ended up capturing this photo in Ft. Massac State Park in Illinois.
Ft. Massac is a colonial-era fort on the Ohio River in southern Illinois, across the border from Kentucky. There is a replica fort on site to tour, which I did, but then I decided to drive around the park, and over by the campsites, I noticed this flooded area of the forest.
It was mid-Spring, so the river was a bit swollen from all the snow melting, and it was over its banks and occupying a section of the woods nearby.
The water was up to the road, so I shot this from the driver’s seat of my car.
It was so quiet and serene, but at the same time, you could see all the damage that had occurred. Kind of like how I felt following the loss of my gramma.
Sometimes when you take the time to explore, you find something unexpected and beautiful like this.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021