Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of The Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.
In 2005, I made my first trip to Las Vegas, and nabbed a great rate for the Luxor Hotel, at the south end of the infamous Strip.
Since it was my birthday weekend, the desk agent made a big show of giving me a front view room in the pyramid. I thought that was great…until I made my trek up to the room.
Because of the size of the hotel, there are four mail elevators, one in each corner of the pyramid structure.
The problem was that not a single one of those elevators went to all the floors.
And of course, the elevator for our floor was one of the ones at the far back of the pyramid…which was a good two city blocks walk from the entrance and check-in desk.
By the time I got to the room, I was exhausted. But then I saw this view out of my window.
Our room was situated high enough that we not only had a great backside view of the giant Sphinx that sat at the hotel entrance, but we could see McCarran Airport on the other side of the street.
Other than the long walks to and from my room, I enjoyed my stay at the Luxor. I even saw Blue Man Group there for the first time.
Have you been to the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? What did you think of it?
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Debuts New Future Rock Star Suites - March 15, 2018
- Movie Review: A Wrinkle In Time Is a Faithful Disney-fied Version of Story - March 10, 2018
- Barbie Honors Awesome Global Role Models On International Women’s Day #MoreRoleModels @mattel - March 8, 2018
- Disney Cruise Line Adds New Destinations for Summer 2019 #DCL - March 5, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for March 2018 - February 28, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime March 2018 - February 27, 2018
- All the #Netflix March 2018 Additions and Departures - February 26, 2018
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018