Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of The Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.
In 2005, I made my first trip to Las Vegas, and nabbed a great rate for the Luxor Hotel, at the south end of the infamous Strip.
Since it was my birthday weekend, the desk agent made a big show of giving me a front view room in the pyramid. I thought that was great…until I made my trek up to the room.
Because of the size of the hotel, there are four mail elevators, one in each corner of the pyramid structure.
The problem was that not a single one of those elevators went to all the floors.
And of course, the elevator for our floor was one of the ones at the far back of the pyramid…which was a good two city blocks walk from the entrance and check-in desk.
By the time I got to the room, I was exhausted. But then I saw this view out of my window.
Our room was situated high enough that we not only had a great backside view of the giant Sphinx that sat at the hotel entrance, but we could see McCarran Airport on the other side of the street.
Other than the long walks to and from my room, I enjoyed my stay at the Luxor. I even saw Blue Man Group there for the first time.
Have you been to the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? What did you think of it?
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018