Between the Blade and the Heart is the first book in a brilliant new YA fantasy duology inspired by Norse Mythology by New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking.
I was excited to read it because I’ve been a huge fan of Norse Mythology since I was a kid, and I wanted to see how the author would incorporate it into her story.
It turned out to be a captivating and fun read.
But when she unearths a secret that could unravel the balance of all she knows and lead to the destruction of the world, Malin along with her best friend Oona, and her ex-girlfriend Valkyrie Quinn, must decide where their loyalties lie.
It doesn’t help she’s also attracted to Asher, the son of a Valkyrie, who got her into this mess in the first place.
The book ends on a cliff-hanger following a battle, and the introduction of three formidable characters, and it definitely leaves you wanting the story to continue…which it will in the next book of the series.
Hocking does a good job in creating a world for her story that is both familiar and strange, combining the lore of mythology with a sci-fi edge.
I really enjoyed reading Between the Blade and the Heart, and recommend it for those who enjoy sci-fi/fantasy or paranormal romance. Discover more about Amanda Hocking at worldofamandahocking.com.
WIN A BOOK!
Want to win a copy of the book to enjoy for yourself? Thanks to St. Martin’s Press, I have a paperback copy of Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking to give away to one lucky reader!
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this giveaway.
Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Winner must be a U.S. resident (sorry to all my international readers!).
Winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration, and notified via email. St. Martin’s Press will be sending the winner’s book, so I will need to share the winner’s name, email, and mailing address with the publisher, to be used strictly for fulfilling the prize giveaway.
Disclaimer: I was given a digital copy of the book to read and review by St. Martin’s Press via Netgalley. As always, my review is honest, and my own. This review also contains Amazon affiliate links, which will add nothing to your order should you decide to purchase the book via the link.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime in August 2018! - July 31, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for August 2018 - July 30, 2018
- Cunard Announces Cruise Sale with Up to 50% Off - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida - July 20, 2018