This week’s Travel Thursday photo was taken on a 2007 road trip with my BFF Rhonda that saw us heading west towards the Rocky Mountains from Denver, Colorado.
I took this photo as a passenger in a moving car as we crested our first big hill on I-70. It was the first time I’d seen the Rockies in almost 25 years, and it was Rhonda’s first time.
We had been driving all night and watching the mountains get closer and closer until we driving in them was probably more thrilling to us than it should have been.
Anyways, I really liked the way this quick shot turned out, capturing the first of many ups and downs we would encounter on that highway as we drove through the Rocky Mountains towards Utah.
Have you driven the Rocky Mountains or Western Colorado? What did you think of it?
- My Life with MS: Starting Ocrevus #multiplesclerosis - April 20, 2018
- Book Review: From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - April 17, 2018
- Travelzoo Hosts 16-Hour ‘Suite 16’ Event Sale April 16, 2018 - April 15, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for April 2018 - March 31, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime April 2018 - March 30, 2018
- All the #Netflix April 2018 Additions and Departures - March 29, 2018
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Debuts New Future Rock Star Suites - March 15, 2018
- Movie Review: A Wrinkle In Time Is a Faithful Disney-fied Version of Story - March 10, 2018
- Barbie Honors Awesome Global Role Models On International Women’s Day #MoreRoleModels @mattel - March 8, 2018
- Disney Cruise Line Adds New Destinations for Summer 2019 #DCL - March 5, 2018