It picks up shortly after the cliff-hanger ending of that book and takes the reader on a wild ride as lead character Malin, a Valkyrie-in-training, continues her quest to reclaim her love, Asher, from the evil goddess Ereshkigal, who has spirited him to Kurnugia, the underworld. She also is tasked with mysterious missions from the god Odin.
But do Malin and her friends have the free will to save the world, or has this all been preordained by Odin’s wife, the goddess Frigg. And what exactly is the mysterious Drawing of the Nine?
From the Earth to the Shadows was a thrilling read full of gods and goddesses, magic and mythology, and also love, family, and friendship. Some of the ending feels like it was wrapped up a bit too neatly, but overall, I enjoyed where the story took me.
I recommend it for those who like fantasy or paranormal YA books with a bit of romance. It helps to have read the first book, but Hocking does a good job of reintroducing the major characters, so you won’t be lost for long if you don’t read it.
From the Earth to the Shadows is available online and in stores on April 24, 2018.
Discover more about Amanda Hocking at worldofamandahocking.com.
WIN A BOOK!
Want to win a copy of the book to enjoy for yourself? Thanks to St. Martin’s Press, I have one paperback copy of From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking to give away to one lucky reader!
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this giveaway.
Deadline to enter is 11:59pm (ET) on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. Winner must be a U.S. resident (sorry to all my international readers!). Winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration, and notified via email.
St. Martin’s Press will be sending the winner’s book, so I will need to share the winner’s name, email, and mailing address with the publisher, to be used strictly for fulfilling the prize giveaway.
Disclaimer: I was given a digital copy of the book to read and review by St. Martin’s Press via Netgalley. As always, my review is honest, and my own. This review also contains Amazon affiliate links, which will add nothing to your order should you decide to purchase the book via the link.
- Book Review: Dark Screams Volume Ten feat. Various Authors - May 8, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for May 2018 - May 3, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime May 2018 - May 2, 2018
- All the #Netflix May 2018 Additions and Departures - May 1, 2018
- Orlando is Tops for Superhero Experiences During Summer of 2018 #NationalSuperheroDay #VisitOrlando - April 28, 2018
- My Life with MS: Starting Ocrevus #multiplesclerosis - April 20, 2018
- Book Review: From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - April 17, 2018
- Travelzoo Hosts 16-Hour ‘Suite 16’ Event Sale April 16, 2018 - April 15, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for April 2018 - March 31, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime April 2018 - March 30, 2018