Florida’s Historic Coast is a fun place to visit, but I’m about to let you know about some free events that will make this summer’s visit to St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra and The Beaches that much more fun and affordable.
From celebrations of history, food, nature, culture and the arts, music and sports, here is a sampling of the many activities and events taking place on Florida’s Historic Coast this summer.
Every Wednesday through August 1
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum and the Colonial Oak Music Park offer the free Summer Movie Series at the Colonial Oak Music Park. Complimentary shuttles from Ripley’s to St. George St. starting at 7:30pm. 33 St. George St., St. Augustine 904-824-1606
Every Wednesday through September 12, except July 4
This free weekly concert series at the St. Johns County Ocean Pier features a wide variety of musical genres from 7-9pm. Bring a beach chair or blanket along with a favorite beverage and get ready to dance. Starting at 6pm, dinner is offered as an option for concertgoers. All dinners are $10 or less. Carpool or ride the shuttle from St. Augustine Beach City Hall or Ron Parker Park. 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach 904-347-8007
Every Thursday through September 30
Enjoy music from local musicians while shopping for farm-fresh produce at the Florida Agricultural Museum. The event is open to the public from 8am-1pm. 7900 Old Kings Rd. North, Palm Coast 386-446-7630
Fourth Saturdays through September 30
A tour guide will relate more than 400 years of St. Augustine’s past during this 1.5-hour history lesson. This free walking tour departs from Tour Saint Augustine at 4pm. Advance reservations required. 4 Granada St., St. Augustine 904-825-0087
The 4th of July Concert and Fireworks in St. Augustine start at 6pm, with music by The All Star Orchestra in the Plaza de la Constitución. At 9:30pm, one of the largest fireworks displays on the East Coast bursts above the ancient Castillo de San Marcos and reflects in the waters of the Matanzas Bay. Admission is free with the best vantage points along the bayfront between the Castillo and the Bridge of Lions. Parking is available in the parking garage. For other available parking, visit parkstaug.com. 904-825-1004
July 7, August 4 and September 8
Join re-enactors at Fort Matanzas to learn a little history and watch the fort’s cannons fire. Boat tours, complete with cannon firings will take place at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, and 3:30pm. This event is weather permitting. Admission is free. 8635 A1A South, St. Augustine 904-471-0116
The Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am Tournament is taking place in Vilano Beach where competing athletes are from more than 75 different beaches throughout Florida, the United States and the world. This event takes place at the Vilano Beach ramp. Start times are dependent on the weather and conditions. 2725 Anahma Dr., St. Augustine 904-540-1189
Located midway between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville, Florida’s Historic Coast includes historic St. Augustine, the outstanding golf and seaside elegance of Ponte Vedra Beach and 42 miles of pristine Atlantic beaches.
For more information on events, activities, holiday getaways and vacation opportunities in St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra & The Beaches, go to the Visitors and Convention Bureau website at FloridasHistoricCoast.com.
- Everything Coming to Hulu in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Hulu #Streaming #IntotheDark #PalmSprings #AndySamberg - June 30, 2020
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #Hamilton #Beyonce #Muppets #StarWars - June 29, 2020
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Streaming #Netflix #UmbrellaAcademy - June 28, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky .. #BookReview #ImaginaryFriend #StephenChbosky #NetGalley - June 26, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Bad Parts by Brandon McNulty .. #BookReview #BadParts #BrandonMcNulty #NetGalley #Horror - June 19, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Hangman (2017) .. #MovieReviews #Hangman #AlPacino #KarlUrban #BrittanySnow #SarahShahi - June 15, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Possession by Michael Rutger .. #ThePossession #NetGalley #BookReview - June 12, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Warehouse by Rob Hart .. #TheWarehouse #NetGalley #BookReview - June 5, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Code 8 (2019) .. #MovieReviews #Code8 #RobbieAmell #StephenAmell #SungKang - June 1, 2020
- Movie Review: The Lovebirds (2020) Deftly Combines Laughter and Adventure into this Smart Rom-Com .. #TheLovebirds #Netflix @IssaRae @Kumailn - May 29, 2020