The fun thing (fun being used in the sarcastic sense) about living with an autoimmune disease like Multiple Sclerosis, is that it is so unpredictable. You can be achieving some level of normalcy and then your body just decides to shut down.
Such is the case of the last two months.
I was charging through the Florida summer rather strongly. The new Ocrevus infusion drug was keeping my MS from freaking out with the hotter temps. But then a childhood friend came to visit, and we spent so much time in the heat and sun, that I had a bad reaction for weeks after.
MS already makes me heavily fatigued, but this was a whole new level. I could barely function. I would sleep 12-14 hours and need a nap 4 hours later. My brain felt like it was in a constant fog and I couldn’t concentrate at all without causing a migraine.
I could drink three cups of coffee, and the only thing that would happen would be my heart screaming at me for ingesting all the caffeine.
Not the thing you want to happen when you run two blogs and have others you freelance to. *sigh* So when something had to slide, it ended up being this blog.
The hiatus of the past few weeks was unintentional, and I appreciate all my regular readers who messaged me about my absence from posting.
I’m coming out of the summer relapse, and I have my next Ocrevus infusion scheduled at the end of the month. Which means things are slowly starting to slide back to that good side of normalcy.
In the meantime, I have a backlog of posts to get up so you should be seeing a more regular schedule of reads on the blog. And you’ll be seeing more of “me” on this blog, too. I’ll still be doing the travel posts, and entertainment reviews and interviews, and such. But I plan to also let y’all in on my day to day life, too.
And I’d love to keep hearing from you, too! Let me know what you want to know about me, or a travel spot, or that new movie or book. Let’s blast open those lines of communication!
Thanks to each and every one of you for your support – for both the blog, and myself! Be sure to follow me on social media so you don’t miss anything.
Peace and love,
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime in August 2018! - July 31, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for August 2018 - July 30, 2018
- Cunard Announces Cruise Sale with Up to 50% Off - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Reveals Back-To-School and Off-To-College Deals for Prime Day #amazonprimeday - July 15, 2018
- What You Need to Know to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2018 #amazonprimeday - July 14, 2018