I have been a Star Wars fan since seeing “A New Hope” opening weekend in Chicago in 1977. So I am one of those excited for Star Wars Day, which takes place every year on May the Fourth (May the Force) and occasionally bleeds over to Revenge of the Fifth (Sith).
This year, from movie marathons to new TV shows to merchandise, and more, there are so many ways to celebrate Star Wars Day 2020.
Here are my picks for enjoying Star Wars Day this year…
It’s not Star Wars Day without a movie marathon, and this year, Disney+ is offering all 9 episodes of the Skywalker saga, plus “Rogue One” (watch between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope”) for your viewing pleasure. Episode 9 aka “The Rise of Skywalker,” will be making its debut on the service on May 4.
If you don’t have Disney+ (no judgement here), cable network TBS is running a Star Wars marathon of the first 8 episodes, “Rogue One,” and the three “Family Guy” Star Wars-centric episodes. It starts tonight (5/3) and runs through 10pm ET on May 4.
And if you’re a purist and want to watch “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” you’ll find it on Netflix to stream.
As I mentioned last week, Disney+ is debuting a new series on May 4th, called “Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian.” It is an 8-episode behind-the-scenes documentary about the popular show, “he Mandalorian.”
Also on May 4th, the series finale of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” airs on Disney+. It’s titled “Victory and Death.”
Through May 8, Disney Books is celebrating Star Wars day with a free ebook download of “Star Wars: Queen’s Shadow.”
The story takes place after Padmé Naberrie, “Queen Amidala” of Naboo, steps down from her position, and she is asked by the newly-elected queen to become Naboo’s representative in the Galactic Senate.
The book is available to download at several outlets, including Amazon.
ReedPop, which hosts several popular fancons including the New York ComicCon, is hosting a two-day virtual Star Wars fancon on May 4th.
Fans can live-tweet movie reactions, watch live interviews, play games virtually, and more. Visit FloridaSuperCon.com for all the details.
shopDisney is releasing the first-ever collectible Star Wars key in its Key series. It goes on sale at 7am on May 4th, for $12.99. There is a limit of one key per Guest.
Also available at 7am on May 4th, shopDisney will release a limited 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back collection, featuring plush, pins, playsets, a droid and more.
Here are some of my favorite pieces from the collection:
Disclaimer: This post uses Amazon affiliate links. It doesn’t add anything to your cost, should you choose to purchase something. Thanks!
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Run (2020) .. #Hulu #Run #SarahPaulson #KieraAllen - November 25, 2020
- Help The Croods Provide One Million Meals To Families In Need Via Feeding America .. #CroodsCare #CroodsNewAge - November 24, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Come Away (2020) .. #ComeAwayMovie #MovieReview @comeawaymovie - November 13, 2020
- Adults-Only Circa Resort & Casino Opens In Downtown Las Vegas .. #CircaLasVegas #DTLV #Vegas - November 11, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites to Open at Universal Orlando Dec. 15, 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalORL #OrlandoHotels - November 9, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Reviews: Unsafe Words by Loren Rhoads .. #UnsafeWords #LorenRhoads #NetGalley #BookReview - November 7, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Deadly Waters by Dot Hutchison .. #DeadlyWaters #NetGalley #BookReview #DotHutchinson - October 30, 2020
- Movie Review: Come Play (2020) .. #ComePlayMovie @FocusFeatures @comeplaymovie @amblin - October 29, 2020
- #Streaming On: #Netflix in November 2020 - October 26, 2020
- Movie Review: Terra Willy .. #TerraWilly #FamilyFriendly @tatprodofficial @VivaKidsFilms #TerraWillyMMC - October 25, 2020