This week, San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) takes the convention online with Comic-Con@Home July 22-26, 2020, and I have all the details you need to know.
For the first time in its 50-year history, Comic-Con organizers were forced to make the heartbreaking decision to cancel the annual celebration of comics and pop culture for 2020.
But then, they announced they would host an online version to start July 22, the official start date of the originally scheduled convention.
And for the first time, SDCC will be free to enjoy!
The virtual event will exist on the comic-con.org website which, at 9am PDT, on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, will transform to Comic-Con@Home.
The redesigned site will allow participants to access programming, the Online Exhibit Hall, and various events and interactive elements, as each will be supported by a variety of different platforms:
Amazon and Prime Video are official sponsors of Comic-Con@Home and will be treating fans to additional activities from a variety of Amazon-owned platforms through their Amazon Virtual-Con portal.
YouTube will host over 350 panels and programs as well as the 2020 Eisner Awards. The Online Exhibit Hall, with approximately 700 exhibitors, will exist on the GoExpo by Community Brands page. And for fans of Gaming, those activities will live on the Discord platform.
Collaborator and sponsor IGN will stream roughly 34 Comic-Con@Home panels as well as produce extensive hosted shoulder content, hosted interviews and more, all in support of the online initiative.
FX will unveil the digital experience: FX UNLOCKED- where fans will engage with virtual activations for American Horror Story, What We Do in The Shadows, Cake, and DAVE.
Tumblr will serve as the platform for both the Comic-Con Art Show and the always popular Masquerade. The 46th annual Masquerade will open for viewing Friday, July 24, and winners announced on Saturday, July 25.
Films and anime have long been popular elements at Comic-Con. This tradition continues as both will employ the Scener Watch Party Platform. Scener is a Chrome browser plug-in that will allow fans the ability to simultaneously watch and discuss movies and anime. Funimation will exclusively host all of the anime watch parties including Black Clover and Fruits Basket.
Panels will be presented covering comics, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, gaming, and so much more. Major fandoms such as Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, and even Disney, will be heavily represented.
If it all sounds confusing, not to worry. The Comic-Com@Home site is using SCHED so you can easily keep track of every panel you want to watch, including the links to watch them. If you don’t already have a SCHED account, it’s easy and free to get one.
Prime Video is also the official sponsor of the Comic-Con 2020 print-at-home badge, shown above, which will allow participants to print and wear the free badge and take part in many fun, yet to be announced, interactive challenges.
Comic-Con will be offering an online version of its Souvenir Book, which will be available as a free, downloadable PDF, starting on Wednesday, July 22. The 260-page book contains new art and articles celebrating various anniversaries, including the 100th birthdays of Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen, plus celebrations of EC Comics, Moomin, Jack Kirby’s Fourth World comics, and more. This year’s cover is by William Stout.
For more information, including the full schedule, visit comic-con.org/cci/2020/athome.
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Marvel’s Loki Series Debuting June 9 on Disney+ .. #Loki #DisneyPlus #Marvel - June 7, 2021
- Spend Saturday Mornings With The Minions Starting June 5 Online .. #Minions #SaturdayMorningMinions #DespicableMe - June 4, 2021
- Everything Coming to Amazon Prime Video in June 2021.. #AmazonPrimeVideo #Streaming #Trailers - May 30, 2021
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in June 2021 .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #Trailers #Loki #RayaAndTheLastDragon #PixarLuca - May 29, 2021
- Win a Fandango Code for 2 to See Spirit Untamed in Theaters! .. #SpiritUntamed #RWM #AD #giveaway - May 28, 2021
- Everything Coming to HBO Max in June 2021 .. #HBOMax #Streaming #Trailers #InTheHeights #TheConjuring - May 28, 2021
- Everything Coming to Hulu in June 2021 .. #Hulu #Streaming #Trailers #LoveVictor #TheCroodsANewAge #WillysWonderland - May 27, 2021
- Everything Coming to Netflix in June 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #Trailers #SweetTooth #Fatherhood #SailorMoon #Lupin - May 26, 2021
- Target Launches New Plant-Based Food Line .. @Target #Target #Vegan #PlantBased #FoodNews - May 24, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Army of the Dead (2021) .. #ArmyOfTheDead #Netflix #Horror #Zombies #MovieReview #ZackSynder - May 21, 2021