My favorite food in the world is tacos, so when I saw the Old El Paso World Taco Kit in a Korean-Inspired BBQ flavor, I had to buy it and try it at home.
This is apparently a new line of taco kits from Old El Paso, and also comes in two other flavors.
Each World Taco Kit contains 10 flour tortillas, one seasoning packet and one sauce packet, and requires only the addition of a protein (meat/tofu/vegan crumbles) and desired toppings.
The Old El Paso Korean Inspired BBQ kit features a foil pouch of medium sesame chile sauce and a packet of mild Korean barbecue seasoning mix, along with the flour tortillas.
We browned up the ground chuck, as usual, drained it, and then put it back on the burner, adding some water and the seasoning mix. It was ready to eat from start to finish in less than 15 minutes.
I should’ve thought ahead and bought more Asian-style toppings, but I didn’t, so we used shredded lettuce, pickled jalapenos, and a triple cheddar cheese shred to go along with the sesame chile sauce.
My roommate and I both really liked the kit. The seasoning adds most of the flavor, and the sauce adds the heat, so it’s easy to customize the heat level to your preference. As you can see, I like the heat…
Of course, with any packaged flavor seasoning in taco kits, you need to pay attention to the salt content, but I always use less of the protein and more veggies to balance it out. The full list of ingredients can be found on the box, or at OldElPaso.com.
I’d give the Old El Paso World Taco Kit in the Korean-Inspired BBQ flavor a 4 out of 5. It’s not 100% true Korean BBQ, but if you have a craving and don’t want to do all the work, it’s probably the closest kit we’ve had to make a quick Korean BBQ tasting meal yet. Plus Aldi’s had it for $2.19, making it an affordable feast, as well.
I think next time I’ll try it with a thin-slice flank steak. Mmmm…
I also bought the Old El Paso Japanese Teriyaki kit, which we’ll try with some cubed chicken breast for a later post. I didn’t see the third flavor, Caribbean Jerk, at Aldi’s, but maybe as the product gets a wider launch, it’ll pop up in other grocers.
Have you tried it yet? If so, let me know what you thought of it.
Disclaimer: I was not asked to write this review. I’m just a hungry foodie reviewing a new product I bought.
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Tubi for Halloween 2021 .. #Tubi #TerrorOnTubi #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 29, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Roku for Halloween 2021 .. #Roku #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 28, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Pluto.TV for Halloween 2021 .. #PlutoTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 27, 2021