In Netflix‘s charming family movie Yes Day, a married couple, Allison and Carlos Torres (Jennifer Garner and Edgar Ramírez), who lived a life of saying yes to adventure, find that after having three kids, “No” is their most used word.
After Allison finds out at a parent-teacher conference that her kids think she’s a dictator, she takes the advice of the guidance counselor and agrees to a “Yes Day” with the kids.
There are ground rules, of course, but the kids get to choose what happens for the day, which includes getting dressed in glitter and capes, an ice cream-eating challenge, going through a car wash with the windows down, a water balloon flag competition, and a visit to Magic Mountain.
When said theme park visit results in frayed feelings and Allison in jail for starting a fight over a pink gorilla, the kids are left to their own devices and things quickly get out of control with no parental supervision.
With a nice cameo from recording artist H.E.R., the parents save the day and the family realizes how much they need and love each other. But make sure you watch through the credits for a scene where the Torres family repays the guidance counselor.
“Yes Day” has a lot of messages for kids and adults alike, but it’s all delivered in a fun and sweet story. Nobody is really the bad guy and nobody suffers any life-defining consequences. Plus Garner and Ramirez look like they’re having as much fun as the kids.
I enjoyed “Yes Day” more than I thought I would, and I’m giving it a 4 out of 5 stars.
YES DAY (2021)
Director: Miguel Arteta
Cast: Jennifer Garner, Edgar Ramírez, Jenna Ortega, Julian Lerner, Everly Carganilla
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021