Here is everything coming to Disney+ in May 2021.
Highlights include the film premiere of Cruella, starring Emma Stone, which will be available in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access for a one time additional fee
Also premiering are the new series Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Inside Pixar: Unpacked, and Launchpad. Full details for each are below.
Tuesday, May 4
Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Premiere) (Weekly)
- “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army—each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.
Friday, May 7
Disney Wander over Yonder (s1-2)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken
Friday, May 14
Disney Special Agent Oso (s1-2)
Disney Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps (s1)
Life Below Zero (s15)
Race to the Center of the Earth
Xmen: The Last Stand
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (Season Two Premiere) (Weekly)
- Flying high after the triumph of opening night, Ricky, Nini, Gina, and the Wildcats gather at Ashlyn’s for a New Year’s Eve party. Miss Jenn runs into the new North High rival theatre teacher – a.k.a her ex-boyfriend – and at the stroke of midnight, shocking revelations come to the surface.
Friday, May 21
Disney Big City Dreams (s2)
Disney Junior Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures (s1)
Fury Files (Interstitials)
Ice Road Rescue (s5)
Running Wild with Bear Grylls (s6)
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast
Inside Pixar: Unpacked (Premiere) (All Episodes)
- A documentary series of personal and cinematic stories that provide an inside look into the people, artistry, and culture of Pixar Animation Studios.
Unpacked: About Time
Director: Erica Milsom
How can the passage of time be utilized as a tool for emotional storytelling? Narrator W. Kamau Bell breaks down how time can becomes its own character in Pixar films, looking at period pieces such as Brave and the tearjerking passage of time in Up.
Unpacked: Everybody Loves a Villain
Director: Tony Kaplan
From Ernesto de La Cruz to Lotso to Hopper, foes of all shapes and sizes are essential to many of our favorite Pixar movies. But what makes a good villain? Narrator W. Kamau Bell digs into why we love to hate our favorite antagonists and what makes them so complicated.
Unpacked: The Squint Test
Director: Tony Kaplan
Pixar characters strive to strike a balance between realistic and caricatured. Narrator W. Kamau Bell explains how basic shapes and drawings influence the character design and story of favorite films such as Up, Ratatouille, and The Incredibles.
Unpacked: Inner Drive
Director: Erica Milsom
Beyond the world of Cars, vehicles of all kinds have made their mark throughout Pixar’s films. Jump in and go for a ride with narrator W. Kamau Bell as he cruises through some of his favorite Pixar planes, trains, and Incredibiles.
Unpacked: No Small Roles
Director: Tony Kaplan
Take a deep dive into the art of crowds animation. Each of your favorite Pixar characters live in worlds populated by fellow fish, cars, toys, and humans, but creating thousands of these fully animated background characters is no easy feat. Join narrator W. Kamau Bell in understanding how Pixar adds thousands of background characters into every film.
Friday, May 28
Disney Sydney to the Max (s3)
Kingdom of the Polar Bear
Wicked Tuna (s10)
The film will release simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access for a one time additional fee.
- Academy Award® winner Emma Stone (“La La Land”) stars in Disney’s “Cruella,” an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. “Cruella,” which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar® winner Emma Thompson (“Howards End,” “Sense & Sensibility”). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
Launchpad (Premiere) (All Episodes)
- Disney’s “LAUNCHPAD” is a collection of live-action shorts from a new generation of dynamic storytellers. Six filmmakers from underrepresented backgrounds were selected and provided with the opportunity to share their perspectives and creative visions that will show audiences what it means to be seen. Inspired by life’s journey, these first six shorts for Disney+ are based on the theme, “Discover.”
Written and Directed by Aqsa Altaf
Ameena, a Muslim Pakistani immigrant, wakes up on Eid to find out that she has to go to school. Homesick and heartbroken, she goes on a mission to make Eid a public-school holiday, and in the process, reconnects with her older sister, and embraces her new home, while her new home embraces her.
Dinner is Served
Directed by Hao Zheng, Written by G. Wilson & Hao Zheng
A Chinese student at an elite U.S. boarding school realizes excellence is not enough when he tries out for a leadership position no international student has ever applied for.
Written and Directed by Ann Marie Pace
Val Garcia, a Mexican-American teen who is half human/half vampire, has had to keep her identity a secret from both worlds. But when her human best friend shows up at her monster-infested school, she has to confront her truth, her identity, and herself.
The Last of the Chupacabras
Written and Directed by Jessica Mendez Siqueiros
In a world where culture has nearly ceased to exist, one lone Mexican-American struggling to carry on her traditions unknowingly summons a dark and ancient creature to protect her.
Let’s Be Tigers
Written and Directed by Stefanie Abel Horowitz
Avalon’s not ready to process the loss of her mother, but when she’s put in charge of a 4-year-old for one night, she finds more comfort than she ever could have expected.
The Little Prince(ss)
Written and Directed by Moxie Peng
When Gabriel, a 7-year-old Chinese kid who loves ballet, becomes friends with Rob, another Chinese kid from school, Rob’s dad gets suspicious about Gabriel’s feminine behavior and decides to intervene.
Also see everything coming in May 2021 to:
* Amazon Prime Video * HBO Max * Hulu * Netflix *
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Tubi for Halloween 2021 .. #Tubi #TerrorOnTubi #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 29, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Roku for Halloween 2021 .. #Roku #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 28, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Pluto.TV for Halloween 2021 .. #PlutoTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 27, 2021