If you’re a fan of director Cameron Crowe’s semi-autobiographical 2000 ode to rock ‘n’ roll fandom, “Almost Famous,” you know the music in the film was as much a star as any of the actors.
In an ode to the power of that music, UMe has compiled multiple iterations of the film’s Grammy® Award-winning soundtrack, augmented comprehensively in a limited-edition Uber Box set that encompasses an expanded soundtrack with five CDs, seven 180-gram black vinyl discs, and a brand new 7-inch for Stillwater’s “Fever Dog.”
The expanded soundtrack includes songs from The Beach Boys, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Who, and Yes. Among the 103 audio tracks are numerous clips of dialogue released for the first time.
It also includes all the songs created for the film’s fictional aspiring rock group Stillwater, most written for the movie by Cameron Crowe, Heart’s Nancy Wilson, and Grammy Award-winning guitarist, Peter Frampton.
The Uber Box will include bonus items such as a 40-page photo book and memoir housed in a film-prop-replica of William Miller’s high-school notebook, complete with writings by Cameron Crowe, Nancy Wilson, along with cast and crew members; the first-ever complete William Miller cover story on Stillwater as a 1973 Rolling Stone newsprint; two replica ticket stubs from Stillwater’s San Diego and Cleveland concerts; and a Stillwater tour poster.
Along with the thirteen-disc Uber Deluxe box, Universal is issuing two six-LP editions—one on black vinyl, the other with colored vinyl discs; a five-CD Super Deluxe set including 102 tracks, 36 of them previously unreleased songs; a separate 12-inch vinyl EP with all 6 of Stillwater’s songs; a Record Store Day exclusive with the 7 original demos of the Stillwater songs, five performed by Wilson the other two by Frampton; a two-LP vinyl version of the original soundtrack album; and a two-CD Deluxe Edition of the original soundtrack.
The movie itself is also getting special treatment as Paramount Home Entertainment will release the film for the first time on 4K Ultra HD, in a limited-edition Steelbook, as well as in a new limited-edition Blu-ray on July 13, 2021.
Just look at this gorgeous Steelbook art:
The “Almost Famous” Uber Box, vinyl, CDs, and limited-edition 4K/Blu-ray versions will be available at your favorite retailer on the release dates mentioned, or you can pre-order the items online now.
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021